While friends, family or neighbors are often an eager and readily available source of gardening information and inspiration, having a few classic and proven gardening books on hand proves valuable. Whether you’re a rookie gardener or a seasoned one there are sure to be titles here that spark your interest and expand your gardening knowledge and skills!
1. Gardening for a Lifetime: How to Garden Wiser as You Grow Older
An informative and inspiring read with tips to help you shape your gardens into spaces you can enjoy, and maintain, well into your senior years.
2. Gardening Projects for Kids: 101 Ways to Get Kids Outside, Dirty, and Having Fun
Filled with projects and tips to get youngsters helping with, learning from and enjoying gardening.
3. Better Homes and Gardens New Garden Book
Who better than BH&G to inform and inspire on the creation and care of gardens!?
4. All New Square Foot Gardening: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space
An excellent how-to guide from one of the best-known teachers of square foot gardening. You’ll be delighted at how simply you can grow more veggies in less space.
5. The New Sunset Western Garden Book: The Ultimate Gardening Guide
The Sunset Guide has been the go-to gardening bible of Western gardeners for decades! Not a Westerner? Then, be sure to check out other regional garden books at your favorite book store.
6. Carrots Love Tomatoes: Secrets of Companion Planting for Successful Gardening
Details the ancient, and scientifically supported, practice of growing certain herbs, vegetables and flowers together for increased yields, pest protection and better flavor.
7. Rodale’s Illustrated Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening
An easy to use, illustrated reference from the folks at Rodale – the original American Gurus of Organic.